Monday, August 25, 2008

Starting with Something


My journey into art has always been associated with portraits. I don't know specifically why, except that to some degree there is an essence of a person that is captured in rendering their portrayal that only an artist can see. I crave that personification, that somehow in my attempt to sketch a piece, I will encapsulate that spirit I see within someone. In turn, there is also a moment when a person who views the art becomes ensnared by an emotion or moment that is almost nondescript; when some viewer decides, this is art.



I hope that those who travel with me through my own personal journey of different media, some will find beauty, some will find spirit, some will find growth and learn to enjoy my art.


This photograph, taken with a Canon, Black and White 35mm film. Entitled "Darbitude"

No comments: