Saturday, July 25, 2009

Frog Fish = Fun Finds!



When Austin was about two years old his favorite song was I'm in Love with a Big Blue Frog. We would listen to it over and over again in the car as we drove from San Francisco to grandparents house, or to the store, or the zoo. Simply put for about two or three months of my life in the car was spent listening to this song. Since there is such a creature as a frogfish and they are such odd looking animals, I decided to highlight their pictures and short video with Austin's once upon a favorite song.

Dennis has been the one to spot and photograph the elusive (at least to me) adults. But I have a keen eye for the bright yellow of the juvenile Commerson's Frogfish. Another one we were able to see for the first time and is somewhat more rare to come across is the Reticulated Frogfish, simply because they only grow to about three and a half inches and typically find some shelter deep within coral heads. This was another of my, why won't my camera focus on what I want it to focus on days. But I still put the photos in the video because they were the only ones I had. Besides that, unless I told you that it was a frogfish, you probably wouldn't have known the difference!

No comments: