Thursday, February 19, 2009

Bow Tie Pasta Extraordinaire


Sorry it has taken about a year to actually post this recipe. It's not that I didn't want to share, I've just been busy! :)

Bow Tie Pasta with Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato and Artichoke Sauce with Grilled Chicken.




Ingredients:
1 Box Farfalle (Bowtie) Pasta
3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil/drained
1 jar (or two) if you prefer marinated artichoke hearts/drained
Salt and Pepper
1/2-3/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
Grilled Chicken Breast Strips

Directions:
First, if you are really a cuisine guru you would want to grill your own fresh chicken breasts. However, for this recipe I find that cheating is just fine. I like to use the Hormel or Hillshire Farms brand of pre-cooked strips located in the deli meat section of the grocery store. For my family I will use 2 6 oz packages.
Cook the pasta according to the directions on the package, I like mine al dente. While it is cooking in a saute pan add the tomatoes, artichoke hearts, heavy cream over medium heat and allow to come to a simmer. The sauce should turn a slight shade of pink. I like to add the chicken to the sauce as well at this point, or if grilling your own, you could add the sliced morsels to the top or side of the pasta before serving. Drain the pasta and return to pasta pot. Cover with the parmesan cheese and then add the sauce and mix together. Serve immediately.

3 comments:

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Amelia, this sounds reallllly good! We LOVE pasta here so I will copy and paste this recipe to my files.

Hoping all is going great for you and your sweet and most adorable family.

Thank you for being there for us!

much love and respects,
Becky

KittyTaylor said...

Hey there, I ran across your twitter account by trying to figure out what that annoying absolutehunk twitter account was trying to do. I guess he's rating people, who knows?

Anyways, I read a few of your posts and really enjoy your pictures of your vacation and your children and husband. You have a pretty nice set up =D

I followed your blog if you don't mind so I can see when you have new updates. My name on twitter is kittytaylor55 in case you'd like to follow =D

Have a great week!
Crystal

Amelia said...

Dear KittyTaylor,
It's cool that someone other than my personal friends and family think I'm somewhat interesting! I'll be blogging soon about some upcoming events so stay tuned.
Thanks for following!
Amelia